Saturday, May 8, 2010

life is a journey

Today: 
I took my last exam as a junior in college. 
I am 13 days away from getting on a plane and spending 6 weeks in Italy. 
I spent quality time with four of my dearest friends (and not all at the same time). 
And I finally realized that it is okay for my life to be about more than just tests and papers. 


Needless to say, it was a busy day.  But a beautiful one.  

I love Meredith College. I really do.  But sometimes classes get in the way of me really appreciating it.  As thankful as I am for this semester to be over, I am somewhat apprehensive about how quickly three years have gone by.  I feel like I just moved in to Poteat dorm yesterday.  I have come to think of Meredith as my second home, full of friends, family, and tradition.   And tomorrow is no exception in the tradition department (and I'm pretty sure my favorite): it's Class Day.  A day the sophomore class celebrates the graduating seniors.  A day that begins early for the younger class and typically ends in tears and hugs.  Last year's Class Day (see picture of very tired and proud Ellen and Allyson) was a beautiful experience and one I'm glad to have been a part of. 




But Class Day means that the school year is coming to a close and I'm not sure I'm ready to admit that I'm a senior.  


I am, however, ready to get on a plane that is Italy bound! This is an adventure that I have been ready for since I could locate Italy on a map.  There is still so much I have to do in the next 13 days but I'm looking forward to getting ready.  I am also really looking forward to going home for a few days to spend time with my parents before I leave.  This will be my last visit to our house in Elizabeth City (since they will be living in Cary when I come home) and I'm looking forward to making the most of it.  I'm sure I'll be packing my room, visiting my mom's classroom, and staying busy.  But I wouldn't change a thing.   


I've had this song stuck in my head for a few weeks now.  It's one that I have played over and over and over.  The song is A Beautiful Day sung by India Arie.  you should look up the lyrics.  or you can look at this video: 




I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  Now it's time for some much needed sleep before another beautiful day tomorrow - rain or shine. Though I'm hoping for more shine than rain for Class Day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment