Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Busy, Busy

The past few days have been super busy. 


Monday, we had our first Italian class before going to Casa Buitoni. They are famous for their food, some of which you can buy in the US.  (google the brand - I bet you recognize it)




Pretty fountain at Casa Buitoni. 






Here is Barb, me and Anna outside the back of Casa Buitoni.  We were able to eat our lunch out there and the view is ah-mazing.  We also met the head chef and some of the other chefs that come up with all the food they sell. 


After returning to the Palazzo, I had my art class.  After class, a couple of us went exploring around town and took pictures.  This town is seriously one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! I was also able to talk to my parents, which is always a nice treat! 


Yesterday, we were in class from 8-3.  It was pretty killer.  But we did get out an hour early before lunch to be able to go to the local Market.  It was pretty similar to the flea market at home, people selling various goods.  It felt like the majority of the town was out and about.  Sansepolcro seems to have this sense of community that even small towns in North Carolina are lacking at times. We also planned our travel break for next week - Verona for one night and Venice for two! I'm pretty excited! 


Today was a half day, meaning we only have class in the morning.  This afternoon, I attempted to do some school work.  I also got the opportunity to meet a member of my host family for our family dinners! She is 30 and speaks limited English and her parents speak even less.  Luckily, i'm paired with another girl, so I'm not going by myself.  Either way - it will be fun! 


Tonight, we also went to a soccer game, or futbol. Let me tell you, Italian soccer is so much more aggressive than what I know soccer to be like.  Some of us only stayed for the first half and just in that short amount of time 5 players were hurt, including the goalie.  Annnnndddd they jump so much higher than I think I have ever seen an American soccer player jump.  It was pretty neat to watch.  


Tomorrow we are off to Florence for the day.  So I'm off to bed for an early morning! 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool - I was just thinking about the Buitoni thing the other day when we were on Skype and saw a commercial for it the day before. But I didn't know if it actually existed. Neato!

    ReplyDelete