Wednesday, February 23, 2011

22.

This past Saturday (the 19th) I turned 22. There is a lot that comes with that age. Like graduating from college, attempting to find a job (preferably one I actually enjoy), starting to pay my own bills (unless mom and dad decide they are going to miss paying them :)), living fully on my own (which will depend on finding a job), weddings to attend, and a lot more. It's kinda crazy what the year 2011 is going to bring.  So instead of coming up with New Year's Resolutions, I decided birthday resolutions would be better.   I made a list of things I want the year to hold for me and I felt like sharing. 


1. I want to graduate from college. (and unless something major happens this will have a big check beside it come May 8th.)

2. I want to find a job, preferably a job I love, but really any job will work. 

3. I want to go somewhere exciting.  In 2010 I went to Italy, so in this year I would love to go somewhere else, or again, or at least begin planning. 

4. I want to read at least one book a month.

5. I want to make more gifts than I buy. 

6. I want to fill my very pretty recipe box with recipes I've actually tried (and liked).  With this one, I want to learn how to decorate cakes. 

7.  I want to get back into attending church on a weekly basis.  Working at a church is great, but it does limit your own church service attendance. 

8. I want to become a runner. 

9. I want to attempt to garden. My mom has said she wants a veggie garden in their yard and I want to be the one to do it for her. 

10. I want to be better at this blogging thing.  I know not many people read it, but it is nice to be able to just sit and write. 

11. I want to become less dependent on technology. (which is easier said then done in this world). 

12. I want to become more aware of the world around me - either read CNN.com everyday or subscribe to a newspaper. 

13. I want to become less aware of people.com. It is my guilty pleasure for sure, and to some degree that's fine. But sometimes it can be really distracting. 

14. I want to do something I've never done, like camping or rock climbing. 

15. I want to find my life passion. Or at least my passion for this phase of my life. 

16.  I want to finish some unfinished projects.  Mainly unfinished scrapbooks. 

17. I want to take more pictures.  Maybe do a picture-a-day photo album. I should get on that one. 

18. I want to do something that I wanted to do as a child but never did.  I think this one I'll be able to check off July 23rd when I go see New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys in concert :) (Thanks Liz!)

19. I want to keep a fish alive longer than a month. Now this may seem silly but my track record is not so hot. RIP Jerry and Stella. 

20.  I want to send more handwritten letters. 

21.  I want to do something for someone else at least once a week. 

22. Most of all, I want to be happy.  Everyone has "it's just one of those (bad/long/annoying) days" but I want my year to have more happy days than days like that. 


On another note, I have said this before and I'll probably say it again, but I have some pretty amazing people in my life.  My family made my birthday a no-fuss birthday, just the way I like it.  The day before my birthday, I found out I passed my exit exam (!!!!!!) and then that night my friends celebrated with me. Then some of them surprised me Sunday night with a Coldstone trip. I am a lucky girl.  So thank you to everyone who helped make this birthday pretty perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to help with numbers 4, 6, 8, 14, and 16. In addition to 18, which I have already helped with thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete