Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful.

Tomorrow is a very hectic day for me. I have lots due and even a final exam.  But I do want to take a moment and share some things I am thankful for (because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday). 

So here is my list (well part of it): 

My parents. They have been my own personal lighthouse (cheesy - I know, but stay with me).  My parents have let me go out and live my life, make a few mistakes, and decide what makes me happy.  But they have ALWAYS been there for me to come back to, to share the joys and the heartache, and on occasion have had to help me (like a lighthouse helping a ship into port - get it? i'm still very aware of the cheesiness). 

My sister.  She is my best friend. Hands down.  I don't think there are enough words to explain how lucky I am to be her sister.  And how proud I will be to stand beside her when she gets married next year.  

My grandparents.  I am lucky that I have these two people in my life.  I spend most Sunday afternoons with them, and I am forever thankful for that time.  They have always been two of my favorite people and two of my biggest inspirations.  They are so in love with each other and I can only hope that I can find that one day too. 

I have some of the most amazing friends in the world.  We laugh. We cry. We text. We facebook chat sitting beside each other. We giggle. We get angry. We get over it (and that is the real gift). 

And then there are things I think we are all thankful for like a roof over my head, food to eat, air conditioning, heat, and running water.  

And today I am so thankful for my support system.  Because school is insane.  Almost over, but insane.  I am thankful for the opportunities I have had at Meredith.

Over the past few weeks, I have really learned to be thankful for who I am.  I am a loved person, and there is no reason to change myself for someone else (not that I've been trying).


So here is a delayed HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment